The Roto-Mix system protects particle length with less grinding or compaction. Long stemmed forages, leaves, and other commodities maintain their nutritional value. Fast, gentle mixing also reduces the time and handling your ingredients endure before feeding that contribute to particle breakdown. More Leaves and Long Stemmed Material make more Profit for you.
Bottom line - big nutritional advantages to help you lower cost of gain. Roto-Mix consistently produces premium quality feed by lifting the ingredients past the lower auger's wedge point, resulting in a fluffier ration that increases consumption.
Total Mixed Rations
Our thorough mixing action eliminates dead spots and corner pile-up, giving you a consistent balance of nutrients from the first pound of feed to the last. Complete mixing of ingredients also reduces the ability of the cattle to sort and "nose out" ingredients.
Feeds all types of grain, liquid feed, by-products, and forages. Ability to mix small and large batches with consistency, day after day, even with micro ingredients.
If You're In The Dairy Business...
Forward Pitched Rotor
The rotor lifts feed up to the side augers that move the feed from end-to-end for thorough mixing. The lifting action of the rotor eliminates wedging of the hay or long cut feeds under the lower auger. Patented tumbling design reduces mixing power requirements.
Commercial Duty Drive Train
Splined shafts eliminate shearing of keys and gaulding of shafts. Heavy-duty chains and bearings extend life and reduce down time.
3/4", 5/8" and 1/2" flighting available for lower auger to extend life. Top augers available in 3/8" and 1/2" flighting.
The flared side allows feed to tumble out of the rotor speeding up the mixing action and reducing the chance for feed to get trapped inside the rotor.
The unique ability to process baled hay, as you need it, results in less wind shrinkage when loading and processing.
The forward pitch rotor design, adjustable UHMW wiper blades, and the rotation of the lower auger quickly and efficiently clean-out the mixing chamber.
Adding hay to the ration is easy and convenient. Place the hay in the Hay Processor on the unit and let it do the work of separating the hay and distribute the long stemmed material into your mix. The result is hay, with leaves intact and the stem not continually cut up or crushed.
Patented Double Flighted Top Auger
Helps to hold the hay in the processor to be separated and eliminates "hay balls" from slipping in-between the flights and into the mixing chamber.
Easy Access Rear Doors
The single lever latch makes inspection easy and desirable compared to other little latches or hardware.
Single Point Grease Bank
Allows quick lubrication from a single point. Heavy-duty drive assembly runs in an enclosed oil bath.
Lower Center of Gravity
A lower center of gravity makes for a more stable unit when feeding and less shock load when cornering.
- Single pole tongue allows for a tight turning radius.
- Trailer constructed of heavy-duty tubular steel with built in scale mountings.
- Heavy-duty hubs and spindles designed for years of trouble free operation. A wide selection of tire choices.
- Rear bumper is standard equipment.
- Short wheelbase allows for tight turns and easy maneuverability.
- Adjustable hitch device allows the operator to level mixer with most tractors to maximize mixer efficiency.
- Heavy-duty, tubular trailer frame ensures long life and maximum scale accuracy.
- Weigh bar scale or load-cell mounting.
- Load cell mounting comes standard with Roto-Mix ball and socket type tie bars to connect the mixer to the frame. This feature eliminates side and end movement on the load cells, which allows for scale dependability and accuracy.
- Heavy-duty leaf spring suspension on 720 and 920 units.
- Higher side discharge location allows easier loading of conveyors or elevator legs while maintaining a minimum mixer height.
- Left and right discharge units available.
- Low electric horsepower requirements.
- Flexible motor mount designs to keep overall space requirements to a minimum.
- Wide base scale frame.