Bush-Whacker MD-180 15' Flex Wing Mower
The Premier Series is designed with the same innovation as the Elite Series, but a better fit for medium-duty jobs and the price conscious consumer.
Bush-Whacker mowers are best known for their innovative design, superior performance and proven durability. That’s why state highway departments have been using them for over 40 years and still cutting.
Call for Pricing and Finance Options
- Structural frame of ower 3" channel, 1/4" thick
- Heavy duty 3/8" side skirt with full length skid shoes
- 4 bolt mounting on gearboxes - heads are tack-welded to bottom of deck so one man can tighten the nuts or change the gearbox
- Blades are 1/2" by 4" instead of traditional 1/2" by 3-1/2"
- Rated to cut up to 2" diameter
- Replaceable center and full length wing skid shoes
- Transport locking bars for each wing
- Heavy-duty tongue assembly with dual leveling rods
- Hydraulic hose holder
- Park jack for easy hookup and unhooking from tractor
- Swivel clevis to relieve stress on tractor drawbar
- Rubber guards from and back. Chain guards are an added option.
|Bush-Whacker MD-180 15' Flex Wing Mower Specifications|
|540 rpm or 1,000 rpm|
Three spindle gearboxes, 120 hp, base mounted, 1:1.47 ratio. One divider box, 160 hp, base mounted. All gearboxes have malleable housings, forged alloy steel, carbonized and hardened gears and shafts, tapered and ball bearings. 6 splined 1-3/8" input shaft, 2-3/8" output shaft on spindle boxes.
|Shielded PTOs made from the finest quality propeller shaft materials and needle bearing universal joints. Category 6 80-degree constant velocity main drive shaft, Category 4 intermediate and wing drive shafts.|
|Three heavy-duty clutches with spring type adjustment and two friction discs.|
|1/2"x 4" material, alloy spring steel, airlift design. Free-swinging when encountering obstructions. 8" overlap for better cutting. Blade tip speed: 15,500 fpm.|
|Four solid rubber tires standard. Independent shock absorbing system for all wheel axles. Cutting height adjustable from 2" to 15". Optional: 6 tires, aircraft tires or implement tires, and foam filled tires.|
|Bush-Whacker Special Deck|
|Bush-Whacker Special Deck includes a center deck which has a primary (bottom) deck of 10 gauge steel that is welded to heavy duty heavy channel structures. The smooth, easy-to-clean top deck is made of 12 gauge steel and protects the inner support frame. The wing decks are smooth, easy-to-clean 10 gauge steel.|
|Hydraulic lift cylinders control raising and lowering of flexible wing (winch assembly for manual wing lift is optional). Wings may be raised to 88 degrees above horizontal and lowered to 22 degrees below horizontal cutting plane. Optional: rephasing level lift systems.|
||Adjustable from 2" to 15"
|Cutting Height w/ aircraft & implement tires
||2" to 17"
|Weight w/o Chains & Tires
|Weight w/ Standard Tires and Single Curtain Chains
WARRANTY: Guaranteed for 12 months against defective materials and workmanship. Defective parts must be returned prepaid to the factory. Guarantee is void if failure is due to operators negligence, abuse or using other than genuine Bush-Whacker parts.